Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Mongolian Death, Root Canals, and Meetings

Just a quickie status update:

I am sick with some end of season cold/sinus infection thing that's making me quite miserable. Throat hurts, head stuffed up, not being quite able to cough, fatigue. You know the drill, I'm sure.

I'm prepping to head out to the dentist in about 20 minutes to get part 2 of the 5 part root canal finished. (3 parts drill, 1 part fitting for crown, 1 part crown. YUCK)

We didn't stay for the meeting last night because as soon as I walked into the Weight Watcher's building, I started shivering. But we did weight in. I was down 1.6 pounds for a total of 24 pounds lost. Thomas was down 1.2 pounds, and is .2 pounds away from his 10% goal.

I realized yesterday that I hadn't given myself a reward for hitting my 20 pounds and here I am almost at 25... so I'm going to get these shoes. They're the same style as my current daily shoes, but they're white/blue and have cute little sparkley light up flowers on them. Silly, but, I wants them.

8 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

So sorry for the misery! The 1.6 pounds gone should help a little.

Feel better soon, and enjoy those sparkly shoes!

briy said...

I just got over a yucky cold that had sidelined my exercise for 3 days myself, so I can sympathize! And then a root canal on top of that? Yikes!

~hugs~ But CONGRATS on the 1.6 pound loss! That's awesome. And you deserve those new shoes... they're really cute! I have a black pair that I think are a similar style, and I love them. So comfortable. You'll be at 25 before you know it!

Get better soon!
~briy

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better! Congrats on the weight loss & enjoy the shoes! You earned them!

R.Shack said...

1. Feel Better!!!

2. Congrats on the weight loss!!!

3. Cuuuuuute shoes :)

Anonymous said...

Careful, hon... I went to poke around the webstore on the shoes, and it looks like they're a kid's model, so you might want to double-check the sizes.

Hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

--Carol

Slenderella said...

Hurray on the loss. I like the reward you're giving yourself, VERY CUTE! Those should perk yourself up enough to get rid of that cold. Hope you're feeling better soon.

Manuela said...

Congrats on the loss even though you feel crappy (so it seems :) )

Feel better soon and cute shoes!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Hope you feel better soon! Congrats on the loss and the shoes. I LOVE my Skechers!