Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I Can Haz No Chezburgr, KTHXbai!

128292630392933750howmuch.jpg
see more crazy cat pics

So yesterday was a good weigh in...

I'm down another .8 pounds, which means... I made my 10% initial goal. It was also our 16th week at Weight Watchers, so we got a little key chain charm made from brass. Since I also made my 10%, I get a key chain, which is made from copper. (Isn't there a fashion no-no about mixing metals? These two things do NOT match well together. Ah well...)

My measurements, which I do from time to time randomly - I just only write them down once a month - have crossed another invisible line... my waist is now less than 40". On the other hand, I was measuring Darcy (she asked) and her waist is like 14". I'm not sure about that, she kept squirming. But I seem to remember Scarlet O'Hara having a 16" waist. SCARY.

Thomas and I were decluttering the master bedroom closet this weekend, and I happened across my pair of 16 jeans that I bought shortly after Darcy was born (when I was at my decade-low of 180). I didn't try them on, you have to understand they were shoved down between our blanket chest and the wall, and were covered in cat hair and dead bug bits and black glitter from our Halloween tree. But they're in the laundry now, and I shall try them on this week. I'll keep you posted.

Thomas lost 1.8, which earned him another 5-pound gold star, and he's got 4 pounds to go, to get to his 10%. Pretty good, I think.

14 comments:

Irish Mom said...

Sounds like you are well on your way!! Great job!!

Manuela said...

Fantastico!

16 inch waist, huh? Where do all the internal organs fit!

Scarlett wasn't all that--come on, she lost Rhett Butler ;)

Hanlie said...

Well done, both of you! As for Scarlett, she was just a slip of a girl!

Erin said...

You are doing great! Keep it up!

HappyBlogChick said...

Congrats on your loss and on hitting your 10%. Go you! I still have and use my keychain (although the little trinkets are long-gone).

You and Thomas are both doing so well. :-)

R.Shack said...

Great Job!

You have a halloween tree? cool :)

<3
Rose

Anonymous said...

Way to go. That's almost a pound. Wahoo!!!!

Felicia said...

You are doing GREAT!! Keep up the amazing work!!

*huggles*
=0)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Hey, together we lost a whole pound! LOL

Congrats on the loss, and more importantly for your 10% goal. That's a Very Big Deal.

Dottie said...

Great job on the 10% achievement! That's awesome.

Anonymous said...

Wow, 10% gone. That's a great achievement..............Congratulations!!

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the 10%, such a huge milestone!

The kitty pic is so cute :)

Unknown said...

Congrats. 10% is a great achievement. You are doing so well. I wish I couls say I have had the success you have had this year. Keep up the good work.

briy said...

I LOVE THIS KITTY PIC! :) I'm forwarding it to a cat-loving friend who's having a rough day.

Also, I just wanted to say I think your karmic challenge is such a great idea. I don't have anything to offer right now, but you've got me thinking about other ways I can improve my karma, so thanks for the inspiration.

Good luck! I hope you have a great week! :)
~briy