Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I Am Taurus; Hear Me Roar

MySpace Graphics
Myspace Layouts


I am such a Taurus, too... with a few exceptions. My husband (an Aries) and I have gotten our main characteristics reversed... he's the introvert, and I'm the extrovert. Aside from that, yeah, you could use the Taurus characterizations as a check list.

Stubborn. Bull-headed. Tenacious. Whatever you want to call it, that's me in a nutshell. (My dad says "tenacious" sounds better, but bull-headed tends to suit me...)

While I'm always enamored with the idea of self-doubt, I get really, highly offended when other people doubt me. When my father gave us the 10 week coupons, I seriously doubt that he thought he'd have to buy a second set. And here we are, sneaking up on needing a third set...

And this weekend, when we were down at Aunt Gayle's? We were talking about Weight Watchers and my plans and goals. She asked me how much I was planning to lose, and I said I'd like to get down to about 125 - 130 pounds or so. Aunt Gayle tried to hide it, but the look she gave me (covered up quickly) was flat disbelief.

"Well," she said, "that's quite a goal."

I fumed. Quietly, but fumed, nonetheless.

It's probably shallow of me, but nothing makes me angrier than someone who doesn't believe I can do it... whatever "it" is. All it does is make me even more determined to get it done.

Which is good, because my motivation has been flagging a little. My root canal got infected, and the infection had spread; now I have an infected tooth, sinus infection, and my eye is infected, too. I can't sleep for more than about an hour before waking up again with a stuffed head, or shooting pains in my mouth, or discovering that my eye is all crusted shut again. YUCK! My knees are finally getting better so I can think about running again, but I'm too sick to even think about going out for a walk. It's all very discouraging.

I swear, it's a curse. Thomas takes time off from work, and someone gets sick.

Tomorrow's my birthday. We were going to do something; Thomas has taken the day off. And now, I'm pretty sure that what Thomas is going to be doing tomorrow is babysitting Darcy while I sleep all day. How exciting.

On the other hand, I'm still a Taurus, and being mad and determined to prove Aunt Gayle wrong will still be around when I get better.

5 comments:

Hanlie said...

You show them, girl! You know you can do it... Well done on the loss this week! You're doing great!

R.Shack said...

Dude... I believe in you, for sure!!

I hope you have a great birthday tomorrow filled with loads of rest and whatever else your heart desires (how nice of Thomas to take the day off!)

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Happy birthday!! I hope that tooth feels better soon!

Unknown said...

Aunt Gayle...hmm, I think we all know at least one of those. It just irked me reading that. Why is that people just assume that we can't do it? Do they want to see us fail? Bleh...you'll show her!

If I don't get a chance to wish you a Happy Birthday tomorrow, here ya go...Happy Birthday!! I will not sing, cuz you won't have any blog visitors the rest of the day :).

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

You go girl! A little fiest goes a long way. Im like you though, I can doubt myself all the live long day, but I get pissed off if someone else has the nerve to do it.

I am so sorry to hear of your health ills. They can be serious derailers, but luckily with WW they kind of allow for a little give and take. Hang in there! Oh, and Happy Birthday!