Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Bling Bling Bling, Level Up!

Despite overindulging in food on Saturday and missing not one, but two of my workouts this past week, I lost 3.2 pounds.

This means: Goodbye 200's! I now officially weigh less than 200 pounds.

I got another yellow star at the Weight Watcher's meeting. (Beth is soooo happy with me, she says I'm her new Core posterchild.)

I get another small goal prize... now I just need to think of one. (My last one was re-naming one of my characters on Warcraft, because I wasn't happy with the name I'd picked originally...)

I now have to seriously consider the Couch to 5K program, since I said I was going to think about working on that after I dropped below 200 pounds. (Of course, when I said that, I didn't think it was going to happen quite this soon! At least I didn't say I would start when I got to 200 pounds, just that I would think about starting!!)

Some Non-Scale victories while I'm at it: Backwards lunges are no longer the bane of my existence. I managed to get through 24 of them (12 on each leg) yesterday without using the chair to haul my ass back up.

I called my dad last night to tell him, and I was astonished and almost moved to tears (I managed not to. I don't usually cry around my dad, it pisses him off. He grew up in a household where tears were a ploy to try to get someone to do something, and he never, ever considers emotional tears as anything other than calculating) when he said he was proud of me. To ME! I can still count the number of occasion in which he's said that on one hand... this makes three.

I've fastened my bra to the third set of eyes. I've NEVER in my life hooked my bras on anything other than the very last strip of eyes (the widest setting for the bands).

My friend Ed - who happens to be the thinnest, most fit person in my circle of close acquaintances - told me I looked "fantastic" on Saturday.

So... it's been a good week!

9 comments:

Manuela said...

Wow, what a fantastic loss! Looks like the Core program really works for you.

I'm so glad for you and hope that you have a fantastic week (btw--that boston cream cake looked wonderful!)

Anonymous said...

OMG...OMG...that is just freakin' awesome! I shall now proceed to laugh and dance for joy for you!

This is a huge, huge thing. Not only a great loss - 3.2 is fabulous! - but a big, big milestone. 200 is a big one...I can't even tell you how happy I am for you!

Honey, you deserve a BIG prize I think. I think you should get a whole new computer or something! Okay, maybe that's a bit much but...

This is a big, big week. You've got scale victories, non-scale victories, you name it. I'm so glad your dad told you he's proud...you deserve that, big time. :-)

Way to go! And now I shall happy-dance some more.

V.

R.Shack said...

LOL Lynn... It was still really sweet

OMG OMG OMG OMG
no more 200s I'm so super proud of you!!!!!
say goodby to them FOREVER... I have so much confidence in you.

You're awesome!

:)

And your dad should be proud of you because we ALL are (and I'm glad he told you too!)

Hanlie said...

Absolutely fabulous! Well done, Lynn! And thank you for sharing all the postives with us. I am so pleased for you!

Anonymous said...

*Big Round Number Congratulatory Dance*

--Carol

Summer said...

Waa-hoo! This is good news for both of us... we're that much closer to our shopping trip, aren't we?

Lynn said...

Bank on it, Summer! I'm quite serious about that...

I've been putting money aside, $10 for each pound lost, in anticipation of a whole new wardrobe...

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Congratulations!!! I do believe watching people crush milestones is my new favorite pastime. :)

Way to go on ALL fronts!

Anonymous said...

You deserve a round of applauds. Great victory.