Tuesday, November 20, 2007

About Me

Hello, nice to meet you!

My name is Lynn C., and I'm a thirty-something stay at home mother who is in the middle of a journey towards health and fitness. When I started this blog, a little over a year ago, I wanted, desperately, to lose about 95 pounds. Much as I would have liked it to be easy and quick, it's been neither. A year later, and I'm still trying to lose that last 30 pounds.

In the meanwhile, I have learned a lot about nutrition, health, fitness, and weight loss. I'm attempting - with some good manner of success - to incorporate what I've learned into my every day life.

I follow Weight Watcher's program, but my personal opinion on weight loss is this: As long as the program is clear that losing weight takes eating less, moving more, and is a slow process, it's probably a good plan. I don't think any program that relies on "miracle foods" or restricting yourself from a specific type of food are good ideas, primarily because they're hard to stick to over time... Do research, pick a good plan, follow the plan to the best of your abilities, and accept that you're in it for the long haul, and you're much more likely to be successful.

I started this blog to keep myself in check, to remind myself of areas I need to work on, to ask for and provide support for other people going through the same experiences, and as a way to track my own feelings and thoughts.

2 comments:

JM said...

Hi Lynn,

Forgive me for contacting you through the comments, but I couldn't find any contact information.

My name is Jaime and I work for Pump Up Your Book Promotion - http://www.pumpupyourbookpromotion.com - a company that coordinates virtual book tours for authors.

I am coordinating a tour for author Kathy Balland, who is touring in July with her book Lose the Diet: Transform Your Body by Connecting with Your Soul.I came across your blog and I think it would make an excellent stop for Kathy on her tour. I'm wondering if you would be interested in hosting her.

Hosting Kathy would consist of a book review (you would receive a hard copy of the book), a guest post from Kathy, an interview with Kathy (you can interview her or we can send you an interview already put together), or a combination of any of those three. We would need to decide on a date (or dates) for when things would be posted - any weekday(s) in July. Your blog post(s) will be promoted on all our tour company blogs as well as promoted by the author where applicable.

Please let me know if you are interested. Kathy's website is: http://www.losethediet.com/ if you would like more information.

Thank you for your time.

Best,

Jaime jmfictionscribe at yahoo dot com dot au

Lynn said...

Dear Jaime,

I'm getting some weird emails back from the address above, so I'm only going to put here that yes, I am interested and the best way to contact me is my email

tisfan at gmail dot com

Thanks so much. Hope you come by here again!