Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Pre Meeting Thoughts

We're going to be going to our first Weight Watchers meeting today, after Thomas gets home from work. Wednesdays are usually our grocery shopping days, and we're still planning on doing the shopping today, after the meeting. The meeting is at 6-6:30 and we're supposed to stay for a 'first timers' meeting after that, so I don't expect to be home from the shopping until maybe 8 - 8:30, which means I probably won't be inclined to write anything immediately after the meeting.

I hope Darcy won't give us too much trouble. She had to go to the doctor today for her year 4 checkup and various shots and stuff, and she's really PO'd at me now. (I did warn her that the shots would hurt. I always hated it when I was a kid and the doctor would say "Oh, you'll feel a bit of a pinch." Bit of a pinch my eyeball! Fracking hurts, is what it does.) And the Weight Watchers building is in the same industrial park area as the Doctor's office.

Today, Thomas took all of the leftover Christmas chocolates into work and dropped them off in the food bin. I doubt they'll last long. But from now on, we are on... a diet/food plan/health regime... whatever the fuck you want to call it.

I know that Weight Watchers (and really, all of those diet programs) don't want you to call it a 'diet.' That diet implies that eventually you can go back to eating whatever you want, and a health change is a better way of thinking about it... bah. Semantics. It's like saying someone who is dead is 'presumed to be having a bad day." It's a diet. With all the suckiness that goes along with dieting. And I know, I'll never be able to go back to eating whatever I want.

Does anyone really want to eat a damn carrot stick? No one I know would want to pick some lowfat yogurt over a chocolate bar. Do be serious. It's like saying someone would chose a $3 coupon to B&N over a check for $1 million. OK, maybe I'm exaggerating here a bit.

I'm in a bit of a mood, though. I'm not even really sure why... stress probably. The whole household was sick with some bronchial thing during the holidays, we were short on cash and barely made it to our next paycheck... and of course, my best friend, Carole, had her baby... which is all nice for her and everything, but makes me really fucking jealous, and I don't want to be. I want to be happy for my friend, with her son and all, but... at the same time, I really want another baby, I really do. And we just can't. (Also, some other friends are getting separated/divorced and while that shouldn't affect me... it still is. I'm not happy about it, and it's not fair of me to be angry that they're doing it, since it's certainly not about me... but I'm happy and comfortable in my world where marriage is not the great evil, and I don't like it when someone butts in and makes it wrong. And so help me god, if Ed says anything about it, I will kill him. He's always been really anti-marriage and it drives me nutso!)

But, hopefully, the meeting will go well, and then we'll do our grocery shopping, and then I'll clean out the cabinets of all the stuff we really shouldn't eat anymore. Fun fun. I think I'll donate any unopened food to the families who were in that fire last night. That'd be a nice thing to do, I think.

No comments: