Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Breaking the Plateau

Hello everyone!

(Hi Lynn!)

I must admit to a sense of constant surprise with this whole Weight Loss thing...

For instance; I fail to see how I can exactly maintain for two weeks in a row when one weigh in I'm wearing long pants, and the next weigh in, I'm wearing capris. That's a minimum of two square feet less denim. How could I gain exactly as much weight as the denim weighed? Which would be what would have had to have happened, right?

Or, for instance, how could Thomas consistently lose the same amount of weight, week after week? We turned in our Week 3 coupons last night, and of those 12 weigh ins (past the initial one) he's lost exactly .8 pounds 6 times.

Or, this week: we BOTH lost EXACTLY the same amount of weight. Despite the fact that Thomas weighed in on Wednesday (because he was sick on Monday), so he's actually lost weight faster than me. (He was down 3 pounds on Wednesday).

We were both down 3 pounds last night, which took both of us over the 15 pounds lost (see my shiny new badge??) marker. (The group lost a total of 39 pounds, so we weren't the only ones who resisted the temptation to dive mouth first into an Easter basket, but I did hear a lot of grumbling from the back of the room from people who did...)

Anyway, the plan is to stick to Core for at least another week. I know what part of my problem is on Flex, honestly: It's that I dragon up my points and then eat a bunch of 100-cal packs after dinner to get caught up on my points. If I can use Core to establish better early in the day eating habits, I think that'll do me a lot of good.

I haven't really felt the need to pile on the food after dinner this week. Most nights, I've eaten a smallish snack after dinner, around 9pm, but it's nothing like the mini-binge of Weight Watcher's chocolates, cheese squares and crackers, or Smart Ones desserts that I've been doing.

Hope everyone else is having a great check in!

(Thank you, Lynn!)

Bye!

(Bye!)

9 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

Good luck on the core plan. And CONGRATULATIONS!!! on the 15 pounds lost.

Anonymous said...

Oh, WONDERFUL, Lynn! 3 pounds, that is so great! Core is definitely going well and I think it's so great that you've used it as a way to identify and change some habits that were slowing you down. You have a scale victory and a non-scale one, I think! :-)

Congratulations and well done, to you and Thomas both. Have a great week!

V.

Felicia said...

CONGRATS!! You are doing so well!!

Keep up the amazing work!

Have a WONDERFUL week!
*huggles*
=0)

Summer said...

Woo hoo on the losses!

I've heard many times that when dieting (or trying to maintain) it doesn't just matter what or how much you eat, but when. Circadian rhythms blah blah blah. The theory is that you shouldn't eat shortly before going to bed, that sleeping right after eating is the best way to gain weight, that it's what sumo wrestlers do to bulk up! Is it true? I don't know, but it kind of makes sense, and it definitely makes sense to fill yourself up with nourishing food during the day, so you don't feel hungry or deprived at night. So perhaps just by breaking the nighttime snacking habit, you've put yourself on the road to faster losses.... Good news all around!

Manuela said...

Yay on the 3 pounds and 15 overall. I bet it feels great. Good for you for doing so well on the Core plan. One of these times I will have to give it a go.

Have a great week and I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures in the future.

Unknown said...

Congrats!! You are doing great. I am glad Core has been working for you. I am thinking about trying it mayself.

HappyBlogChick said...

Wooo hooo! Congrats for your loss!

The scale is a mad, crazy beast, it's true. Glad it loved you this week.

Trisaratops said...

Sometimes I totally don't get why I do all the right things one week and gain or maintain, and then the next week, I get lax and the weight comes off. We have to just accept and move on, I guess. Sounds like you are really getting a handle on your core plan - that's great!

d.fine09 said...

So here is another coincidence. I lost 3 lbs last week, my first week on core too. Hooray for 3 lbs. That is a great loss for a week.

As I read your posts, I find myself nodding a lot. I have found that with core I am a lot more hungry during the day and a very light dinner usually does it for me. I get the munchies at night, mostly out of habit I think. I have been having either a 100 cal bag of popcorn and/or a diet rootbeer. Totally satisfies me. My poor husband is getting cheated a good dinner a lot lately because I am not hungry so I have a hard time making myself prepare a real meal. Oh well.

Also, question for you. Do you plan out your husbands meals for the day? How did he do it on flex. My husband keeps asking me about WW and is interested in doing flex but intimidated about counting the points himself. Last night he asked me if I would just plan out his food for the day and he would eat it. This would be a hard plan for me because I need the flexibility but it might work for him. He doesn't have a lot of weight to lost 25 lbs or so. He did Jenny Craig before I met him and had success with prepackaged meals. Just wanting your thoughts and your experience doing WW with your husband.