Thursday, May 8, 2008

No More Fathead!

I was putting my hair back up last night - I wear my hair pulled back with an alligator clip 90% of the time... it's easy to get it up, it's quick to take down, and I'm severely lazy about my hair - when I noticed something.

I walked out into the living room, clip in one hand, fondling the back of my head with the other.

"Interesting," I said.

We're in the middle of taking a break during our SSC run (our tanks are all mind controlled, and we're waiting the 10 minutes for it to wear off) and Thomas isn't really paying much attention to me, since he's talking with our Guild Leader about the guild funding his recent respec...

"What's that, spouse?" (Thomas always calls me "spouse". We picked that up from a friend of ours' parents, who called each other that, and as they were the most IN LOVE couple I've ever seen, and decidedly good marriage and whatnot, we adopted it, since we'd just love to "grow up" to be Richard and Margaret. Yes, this totally freaked out our friend - who was also Thomas's best man - when he heard us doing it... )

"You know that fat-roll I have on the back of my head," I said.

"MmmmHmmm."

"It's not there any more." I run my fingers through my hair again to confirm this. It's really not there... it used to run all the way across the back of my head, pretty much from the top of one ear to the top of the other.

"I know."

"WHAT?"

"I noticed it last week," he said. "When we were, you know, on the sofa and..."

"You DON'T need to talk about that with your MIC OPEN!"

"Aw, Balth, were you proc'ing Kyth again?" Drei says over Vent.

I snatch my mic up. "Better than all your premature misdirection! How's Thea dealing with that, anyway?"

There are assorted wolf-whistles over Vent... and then Sassie pops up "Ooooooh, you are so totally REPORTED!"

7 comments:

Erin said...

I totally don't understand everything in that post, but yay for you on losing the "fathead" and i think you may have pulled a funny with "premature misdirection" but that could be just my sick sense of humor.

Chanda (aka Bea) said...

I know exactly the fat head phenomenom of which you speak, and contrats on loosing that! I bet you will find that hats fit you much better now too. Way to go. And I suppose you can at least be thankful that hubby didn't choose the exact moment he found out you'd lost it as the moment to tell you. Not the best pillow talk subject, ya know? :)

Becky L said...

That of mine doesn't bother me nearly as much as backfat. Ick, I wanna get rid of it SO BADLY!
One step at a time, right?

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

We have the strangest places to lose fat, don't we? Congrats on eliminating one of them!

::off to find alligator clip::

Sunflower said...

just stopped by to say hello

Anonymous said...

Oooooh, you peopel and your dirty mouths.LOL!

No more fat head! Yay!!!

Unknown said...

It's funny I totally understand everything in that post...hehe. I have only been to SSC once, dang. We have been spending time in ZA and Gruul's. Almost to the point to where we can farm Gruul but not quite yet. Sure wish you were on my server.

Oh and grats on the no more fathead.