Saturday, January 19, 2008

This Splurge Interupted by Snow... We now return you to your regular diet

Honestly... you save up points for a good splurge and what happens? You end up driving home early with a cranky toddler through blinding snow, to get home to nothing but rain and eat three pieces of pizza and end up spending only one flex point on it.

Hmph. And somehow, I'd had it in my mind that I'd eat something tasty and sinful and lovely and use up some of these weekly 35 points that I just keep managing to not spend.

And... I had a handful of vegetables and fruits while I was over at Leigh's and maybe 4 points worth of cheese cubes... and I'd expected to go out to dinner with 'the gang' and have something lovely that I could come home and have kittens about how many points it was... and...

It started snowing. Weird, that. And it KEPT snowing. Finally, we left, not really more than two and a half hours after we'd arrived. Not so much because I was worried about the conditions of the roads but more because Virginians can be really stupid about weather and I didn't want to end up driving down in snow in the dark. Just past the tunnel, snow turned to rain (much to Darcy's dismay... "I want my SNOW BACK" she howled in complete misery)... and Thomas started commenting that we could order out...

So we got pizza. 1 pizza, where we usually get 2 pizzas and breadsticks and chicken strips with sauce... and we each had three pieces, adding up to 18 points...

I'm only down -1 point for the day... and somehow... I'm just not impressing. I don't feel like I've cheated, exactly... but I do feel sort of let down.

No comments: