Monday, December 1, 2008

The Ideal

Wow. What more needs to be said?

(Well, no, because you know me and I can never seem to sum up in one sentence what will take me three or four paragraphs to pontificate upon...)

Ok. So, dinner was great. I had DARK turkey, gravy, two helpings of stuffing, my overly-sugared sweet potato casserole, green beans, broccoli with cheese, and one dinner roll. (I would have had two, except Thomas snitched the last one that I'd been eyeballing for the last four minutes and took it just the second before I was ready to ask for it...) I also had a piece of apple pie with ice cream for dessert.

I felt adequately full, happy and content.

And then the next day, I went to the movies with my best friend. And while I did stick to the "guiltless" selection on the menu, it was still stuffed into a pita-bread and came with chips. Baked chips, but still chips and I still ate them.

On the other hand, we did walk.... ish 17-18 miles this week... and I did my cardio dvd once.

And... I lost .6 pounds this week.

So, I feel good about myself.

Amazing, that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOO! Glad that you not only enjoyed yourself, but feel good about it!

(Alas, it was my dad who got hit with the Possible. By Saturday, he was too sick to get out of bed.)

--Carol

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Holidays are meant to be celebrated. I'm glad you enjoyed yours!

Hanlie said...

Cammy's right! We're not fat because we overeat on holidays; we're fat because we eat as if every day is a holiday.

Well done on your loss!