Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Fantastic

Well, I'm officially in my last 10 pounds to lose...

And (according to my weight watcher's weigh in) I am officially in a healthy BMI range. Keeping in mind that I weigh in at 5:30pm, fully dressed, my "official" weigh ins tend to range about 5 pounds heavier than my morning Wii weigh in. Which means, technically, I can now declare my goal weight at any time. I think I'm still going to push to get down to 130 before I declare goal, but I could say goal was Right Here and that would be acceptable for Weight Watchers.

After my weigh in yesterday morning on the wii (I'll tell ya, I'm starting to get sick and tired of that stupid little smug bastard, the wii fit board...) in which I gained 1.8 pounds and had to go through a lecture from the Fit Board about not eating late at night, blah blah blah... I really wasn't looking forward to my official weigh in. After having gained 1.4 pounds last week, I just didn't think I could face another gain.

It's completely annoying when the fact that I exercise a LOT is throwing my weight off in the wrong direction.

However, that turned out not to be the case; as my official weigh in had me down 2.6 pounds from last week... I dunno what the problem is with the Fit. Maybe the carpet is wonking it up somehow...

Topping a good weigh in off with news that my husband is going to take me to the ballet (Romeo and Juliet) as my birthday present, and the fact that my car needed no repairs to pass inspection, my foul mood from yesterday has turned completely over on its head.

Sometimes it seems like such a hard life
But there's good times around the bend
The rollercoaster's got to roll to the bottom
If you want to climb to the top again
Good Times Around the Bend, String Cheese Incident

11 comments:

Liz Brooks said...

*cheer* for all of the above!

My Wii Fit is notoriously all over the map with my weight. Granted, I don't weigh in on it daily, and granted I don't always use it at the same time of the day, both of which would help stabilize it. But I've gained or lost as much as four pounds in a two-day period with the damn thing. Carpet definitely screws up normal scales, so it might be that way for the Fit, too. Might also be any number of other factors -- heavier than usual exercise makes me retain water for 18-24 hours; as does extra salt intake, as does insufficient fluid intake... Biology is not chemistry, as you've said, and the human body, overall, seems to try to adjust itself as if the conditions it's currently experiencing are going to become a long-term norm, and then only adjust back to the true "normal" very slowly.

And the Fit's graph only shows 2 weeks, which really is completely insufficient for trending data. It ought to show you the last 6-8 weeks at a minimum, so you can see that all those ups-and-downs form an overall downward trend.

Anyway, AWESOME weigh-in, and YAY for everything else, too!!!

Marisa @Loser for Life said...

That is absolutely FANTASTIC!!!!! I can't wait to be able to declare that I am at goal!! I have been playing with my last 10 lbs. for months now :(

Dr Wednesday said...

Ya ya for you! What great news!

Jen, a priorfatgirl said...

YAY for your last 10lbs!

The Fat Foreigner said...

How exciting, you're so close! I find that carpet screws up regular scales too so it may be that.

Anonymous said...

I hate you!

Out of pure jealousy of course. :D

A Daunting Tale of Scale Warfare said...

Yay on the 2.6 lbs lost this week and DOUBLE YAY for getting into the healthy zone. Someday I'll be there myself...in 2012 lol

Summer said...

This is fantastic, indeed!

Miz said...

hmmmmm did I see a sentence which read you are starting to get sick of that little bastard? :)

Im with you.

the last time I weighed (at the drs) the other person in the room (ok, the dr :)) said WOW THATS HOW MUCH YOU WEIGH. THATS A LOT!!

(and it is for what you'd imagine)

and we, err, I want the # higher.
because it means we, errr, I :) and growing stronger and more powerful.

keep at the weights
youre doing amazingly!
Miz.

flybabyf said...

Way to go! Congratulations

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being down! I hated losing points when I was on ww....*shudder*. Thankfully (or rather not!) I have a loooong way to go before I get down to 19 points lol. Nice job!